1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Relocation

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by APSPLOWING, Aug 28, 2014.

1. APSPLOWING

APSPLOWING Junior Member

I hoping to receive some guidance how to structure a snow relocation/removal quote! My company is located in the suburbs of Chicago. Please can anyone tell me the going rate for a semi truck, bobcat and if people include a dumping fee?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why don't you just call a local trucking company and ask them? Our prices are going to be different then yours up in the city. Need to also find out about where your going to put it. Laws about dumping anywhere, can't just do that

3. APSPLOWING

APSPLOWING Junior Member

Thanks I did contact a few trucking companies on prices for a semi. I was thinking of charging 95 per hour for semi but still not sure if most companies include a dumping fee in the proposal. Can anyone help me out with that question? If so, what do they charge on average?

4. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

You probably want to get quotes on tandem axle dump trucks.. Not sure what you mean by semi

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

18 Wheeler

6. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Probably talking end dumps. With a fee everyone is different. Do you have a place secured to dump the snow? Is it legal to dump there? If it is your site you wouldn't have to charge a fee but most do. The site is worth something. If it is someone else's site I assume they are charging you. You pass that cost on and add to it if you feel the need.
    This is typically broken down to $X per yard for dump fees. Or $X per load.

7. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Or a 42 Wheeler..........:drinkup:

5527761188_3be971f038_m.jpg

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice........

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I seen those in Detroit fot the last 3 weeks. Kinda of surprised

10. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Walking floor box trailers?

11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might be to much weight also might freeze the floor Might take to long to unload

12. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Not all states allow that many axles and weight on there roads, that's one of the reasons Michigan roads are in such poor shape. That truck will haul 50 to 55 ton plus the weight of the truck.

13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Gravel train. Only in Michigan can you see these things on the road legally....As far as I know.

14. Defcon 5

The reason why Michigan roads are in poor shape is due to the fact Michigan in one of the last in funding their roads....Also..These trucks are less per axle than a normal 18 wheeler...........Maybee if Michigan builds and maintains their roads to a better standard they would last longer.....Also...I Blame Hungry Salt for the Poor roads...:drinkup:

15. Defcon 5

Your in Detoilet???....Where???....I will buy you a Beer or Sixteen.....:drinkup:

16. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I know they are less weight per axle but most trains are plated for 160,000 lbs where trucks in most other states are good for 80,000 lbs in nearly the same overall length. That has to do some damage to the roads. And yes they could build and maintain the roads better, also the constant freeze and thaw is hard on them.