1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pushers...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by twitchy, Dec 24, 2009.

1. twitchy

twitchy Junior Member

What brand are you guys using. I have a S250 Bobcat and i'm looking into a 8ft pusher. Bobcat quoted me almost 4,000 for a protec w/ back blade attachment. Skid steer solutions want a thousand less for the same set up. Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks

2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

its all about personal preference, dealer support, and the type of application you will need the pusher for. do you really need a backdrag on the pusher? or will you be doing a HOA that a backdrag would help out? we have had a lot of success with scoop dogg pushers but others seem to bash them a bit. protec seems to be the standard around here and i'm not going to lie they make a fantastic product but the price tag is a little steep. best of luck finding a product that suits your needs

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Why havent you looked at Bobcat pushers? Should be around $3500 for an 8fter? I think they are offering some kind of 0% deal also.....

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

around here i'd be shocked if bobcat was only asking 3500.00

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Call my guy Tyson @ precision manufacturing in Fargo North Dakota. They make a pusher with a backdrag feature, called a sno-pro, we bought a 6ftr for our small skidsteer this year and we love it, it was a leftover, I know he had an 8ftr couple weeks back. Ours was about 1400 to our door in NJ.

6. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Quick Attach

7. plowinli

plowinli Member

Call me at 631 654-4800 I have an 8' box for sale here on the Island ask for John or Bob

8. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i have an 8' box that ill get rid of for real cheap never really been used (only three trips last season)

9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Call me, I have a new pusher box called the drifter. It's made by a small company out near me in Reading. Very high quality product and a real good price. Call me 610-802-0744.

10. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I love my bobcat brand pushers. built well, and easy for idiots to run.

11. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Wow, some of you guys are close, looking for an 8ft pusher with the quick attach.
    I will come get it.....

12. lilweeds

TJ what are you looking to spend?

13. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

looking to spend the least amount possible for the best product, aren't we all?
    What do you have?

14. lilweeds

I have a few brand new "Drifter" snow pushers. Real well built by a local Mennonite company. I'll get some pics and post them later.

15. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

section plows are the absolute best at scraping the surface as it adjusts to the curves or the road. We will never buy another type of box plow. it saves tons of salt.... TONS...

16. Big Snow Balls

Big Snow Balls Member

I have several Protech pushers and a few home made. I have seen a few Arctic sectional Plows in action. Looks like the hot ticket. I will try one on my next pusher purchace. A little more expensive but does a better job.

17. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

got an 8' pro-tech built brand new last year, again barely used, too small for our machine and they wouldn't take in back on exchange. i have pics posted in the pro-tech forum if you are interested or pm me.

18. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Post a pic, need to get an 8ft pusher before next storm and I refuse to pay 2700 for a new
    protech

19. lilweeds

PM me your email address for the brochure. The 8' model 25" tall is $1900, add $850 for the optional backdrag top scraper. We can also do a bigger 32" tall 8' model, but it's more money $3000. Not sure what protech's height is. The two models I mentioned have the quick attach coupling.

20. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

A friend of mine is looking for a 12 foot snow pusher for his Deere Backhoe Anyone know a reasonable place to buy in or Near NJ
    Thanks