1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Pushers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Comet, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Comet

Comet Senior Member

With looking at skid steer loaders this past 2 weeks to utilize within the landscaping industry!

What minimun machine would I need to be use in order to push a snow pusher if I was to use one please??

Im trying to keep down my payments as much as possible and had been looking to lease that Cat 226
    then seen a thread where someone mentioned about making sure you have enough power to push snow,,

I understand of course the snow fall amounts will vary and snow conditions wet to dry will vary too also depth,, etc..

Im on Long Island New York but have sometimes traveled in my time to find work
    Will I be underpowered with this machine?

the 226 has 56hp diesel, and 1600lb lifting capacity

thank you
    this pushing snow has been an after thought, not the main reason of the purchace but Id like to know If it would work since I plow snow anyway etc..
    I seen some big 900 series bob cats out there along with 853's 873s's etc
  2. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Guest

I think you should be ok with the power but just watch which size plow you put on your machine thats all i can tell hope it helped some.

Boss Adam