1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pushers??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by lotsoflights, Jul 23, 2004.

1. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

Hi,
    I will be plowing a new facility with 9 acers of black top. There is plenty of room for a 16' + pusher. I was looking at the Daniels pusher. I would be getting a great deal on it. Has anyone ever hook one to a loader? If so what did you think? Did you like it? I also looked at the Avalanche. It is a nice pusher but the word out there is the Daniels is better. Does anyone have any feedback? I was also looking to see what people use to clear large sidewalk areas? I was looking at a Polaris with a plow on the front. Any help would be great...

Craig
    :confused:

2. snoking

snoking Senior Member

yes daniels are good setups....we have two 18' wing plows, and a buddy of ours lives south of us and has 5 boxes..no complaints....what size are you getting and how much??....i know we had $12,000 into each of ours

3. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

The one I'm getting is a 16' box plow. It is $4800. It seems like a well built pusher. The only thing is it doesn't seem as tall as other pushers out there. I guess once I get it hook up to my loader I will know more. I was looking at the wing plow but the loader I'm renting did not have the hook ups for the hoses.

4. snoking

snoking Senior Member

they have a snow foil for the top of the box that makes like 6-8 inches taller....check it out....

well built...agree

5. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

what size loader are you renting?..how much is that costing?

6. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

A WA180 Komatsu loader $1500 a month for 4 months.
    20,000lbs I will be the first one in the machine from the rental fleet. Not sure if that is good or bad?

7. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

sounds like a good price... have you used that size machine for plowing? it looks like a nice size. maybe a tad light? but very economical. i was thinking of using something around 25,000 lbs but smaller is cheaper.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2004
  8. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

Sorry, it is the Wa200 unit...It is 22,872lbs...they took the wa180 out of the fleet. I have not plowed with a loader before. Only trucks. I will test driving it in the next week or so but I'm told it is now like driving a car. If it to small then next year I;ll go larger. That is what is nice about renting...

9. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

lotsoflights,

are you getting the loader from a larger rental chain and if so which one. I would love to get a loader for that price. :redbounce

10. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

East PBE in Ct I'm not sure how far they go but they have a place in ny or NJ. It is have of their regualr monthly rate.

11. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

they want $4600 (plus tax?)mo here for wa 250.....not sure how low they would go for multi month winter deal tho...you got a great price

12. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

Just drove the Wa200 today.... what a nice machine. I never drove a loader before and this was really easy. The WA180 rental was sold out of the rental fleet so I will have to rent the WA200 for $1700 a month. It has all the trimmings..heat, lights, rear wipper. It is a smooth ride...I'll be getting it delivered in November to I can try it on my property.

13. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

what are you paying for liability insurance on that huge property?

14. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

The company that I work for rents the property and I work at that location. We plow our own property to save money along with 3 other sites. We have been plowing our own sites for 12 years now. I figure plowing this site alone I would save the company over $90,000 a year in plowing and salt and sidewalk if it was contracted out.