1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by white diamonds, Jan 23, 2011.

1. white diamonds

white diamonds Junior Member
    from pgh, pa

Looking for input on pros and cons of Steel tec pushers vs Protech vs Salt dogs, any information would be greatly appreciated.all three seem similar.

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have a scoop dogg and it performs as advertised. I have not had any problems with mine and it's on its third season.

My next pusher will have a steel edge though. I have to go over some of the packet down areas with the truck or other blade afterwards. Even with that, my profits are better than just a truck alone.

3. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

I have two rubber edge pro tech and they work great. We send them out to move the bulk of the snow and then follow up with a truck for detail work. I have found the chained backhoe bucket type easier to use then the direct attachment type. Don't tighten the chains too tight as you want the bucket to float around a little so you keep the weight of the bucket on the front tires for steering.

Unless you have thick ice I prefer the rubber edge as it is much more forgiving. Just doesn't do well in an ice storm, but what does....

4. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

The company I work for just bought a protech pusher to replace one that got totalled, we've only ran it a few times since buying it but it is very well built and does a great job. I've heard a lot of people talk highly about protech and so far our pusher is exactly as advertised.

5. brad2555

brad2555 Junior Member
    from ohio

I had a snow dogg 12' pusher, used that thing one year and sold it, i have a skid steer pusher that was made by Bradco, don't think they make them anymore, but it is the best ive found, we made a pusher our selves out of a 12' boxblade, getting along great,

6. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I have a 10" snopro pusher whitch is now the pro tech and I really love it, I just bought it this season used, and I swear I don't like using my truck even, it is the best thing I ever purchesed for snow plowing.