1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenP, May 19, 2003.

1. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Fellow snow pushers,

What are our thoughts on snow pushers? What are the various types, pluses and minuses? Where do we go for the best prices and is anybody selling one?

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3968&highlight=pushers

Ken, the above thread has 47 replies, and should give you quite a bit of info on pushers, not just Avalanche and Pro Techs.

Naturally every manufacturer thinks they make the best.

Daniels has a steel trip edge. Pro Tech, Avalanche, and RCS have urethane or rubber edges on them. Storm makes pushers with hydraulic folding end plates, to dump of snow if it gets to be too much of a load to push. With both ends folded on a Storm, the pusher becomes a straight plow. If you go to the SIMA web site, and click on Industry Links, you will find links to all the pusher company web sites.

If you are going to Buffalo you will see all of the above brands first hand.

Keep in mind something needs to "give" on a pusher, or else something will "give" on the machine pushing it. Pushers are much like plows, in that they all push snow, some have their good points, and some have their bad points.

Personally, Pro Tech is my choice. I think they make an excellent product, and having used them, and supervised those who have used them, I see no reson to change brands myself.

Like I said, read the above thread for more info from many perspectives.

~Chuck

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Chuck hits the nail on the head here, and he knows what he's talking about.

IF you are going to the Symposium in Buffalo you'll get to see them all up close.

I really don't think there is a "bad" pusher on the market today. However, if you think about it - there are very few moving parts, thus less opportunity to break something. And, Chuck is right - there are goods and bads to each type and model made.

Chuck's comment about "failure points" is right on too. Pushers will move LOTS of snow - but like anything, they have limits. Go beyond those limits and bad things happen (like with anything we use in our business operations).

And there are also LOTS of information, comments, opinions, etc. on this forum. Just do search and you'll be amazed at how much discussion has already taken place on this topic.

4. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Thanks men,

I'll grab a seat when I have an evening and read through the various topics.

5. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Ken,I dont have 1 but a friend of mine does its a protech 10' for his new holland loader it seems to be built really good >and it saves alot of time.

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Ken,

On the for sale front, one of the dealers up here has a 10' backhoe and a skidder model available to clear out. Both are Avalanches. PM me for price info. Jerre