1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow pushers w/ fixed metal cutting edge's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtreem3d, Dec 31, 2007.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys,
    anyone have experience using snow pushers w/ metal cutting edges that don't trip? i definitely don't want rubber but am not sure i want to buy another boss plow and a Kage for my new skid steer . are you in the "float" position as you push? i know it'll be rougher than my plow/kage setup and a rubber setup but how bad really?
    tia & happy new year,
    steve

2. TaylorMade

TaylorMade Junior Member
    from MPLS

Its Not bad we run 10 New Hollands 185s and 10' pushers all are steel cutting Edges just make sure you have good shoes on the ends.

3. xtreem3d

taylormade,
    thanks...what pushers are you using?..so far the daniels looks good but expensive because it has a trip edge, erskine has a fixed metal edge pusher, maybe scopp dogg has steel edge , curtis can't remember, protech w/ the urethane/metal trip sorta pricey...any others w/ just a fixed metal edge i am missing?
    thanks again,
    steve

4. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

I am running an Erskine 8" fix metal edge. I have had no problems. They seem to be very well made. Also If you go www.quick-attach.com they are having a sale now on there attachments and I think that the 8' is a little under $2000.00. I did not get the pull back edge and now I wish I would have.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If your buying new, go for the spring trip, it's worth every penny!!

6. xtreem3d

i agree it's probably worth it but most are 4000.00+ if i was to do that ( which i might i just haven't decided) i would go w/ another boss plow and Kage

wakesetter...thanks....i saw the erskine sale advertised on the skidsteer forum