1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow pusher

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jay brown, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

here is a 11' snow plow that we turned into a pusher....it has a trip edge and double cutting edges with adjustable feet....just got the 2nd coat of paint on today, i had to chip off 1/2" of ice...my wife is pregnant so i can't paint inside anymore:cry:

2. Jay brown

one more pic....i'm going to put a rubber piece on the bottom of the wing....i'm not to crazy about the foot design, but i think it'll work....i only have $2000 invested so i think i'm still ahead of paying $4-5k for a new one...i could have bought a used rubber edge one, but i took all of your advice and didn't....BTW used trip edges are non existant around here.

3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks great!!

What are you going to push it with??? S-10 pickup? Perhaps a Craftsman Lawn tractor??

Seriously though, that thing should really move some snow. Good luck with it!
  4. Jay brown

i'm going to try our telehandler first and if it doesn't work i'll be looking for a rubber hoe or a tractor.....all the guys i've talked to said they were doing fine with their telehandler though....
  5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Congrats on the Baby!
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good Jay and your telehandler will push it with ease because I think yours is bigger then mine. On our Horst pushers the feet on the endplates float so no need to adjust and it works alot better going over curbs.
  7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Nice job on the pusher!
    Do you guys even get snow it looks real sunny out there
  8. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Very nice work. I just made some wings for the western plow I turned into a skid blade. I too saved a boatload of money. A little ingenuity & some hard work pays off.
  9. fci

fci Senior Member

Now thats a good idea!!! and it looks great too
  10. Jay brown

your right, we don't get much snow here.....we get so little snow here they cancel school if snow is in the forecast...
  11. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

That looks really nice, and strong too. Nice job.