1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Sep 22, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

I have a bobcat s150 that I am going to put a snow box with the puller attachment on. Should I get the 6 ft or 8 ft box? I will be doing 130 driveways in a complex and will be pulling the snow from the garage to the street then blowing it on the lawn with my blower. I dont want to overload the machine but I dont want to waste my time. What would be the most efficent?? And anyone know prices??

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Why do you need a push box if you are backblading driveways? Wouldn't a plow attachment work better?

3. MnM

MnM Senior Member

they have a attachment on top of the snow box which allows you to drag the hole box backwards. Backblading sucks compared to this I am told

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would put a rear pull plow on one of your trucks.

5. MnM

MnM Senior Member

have you ever used either of the pieces before? I was under the impression that the skid would be more efficent and I can always use the pusher part for other things. If I put the pull plow on one of my trucks then the truck would have to remain on site rather than taking care of other sites. Either way I need to get one of these pieces so let the opinions fly. Thanks

6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

The 8 ft. box with the backdrag should work fine. I bought a 10ft. ProTech push/pull and have tried it on an old 743, it can handle the 10ft but it wouldn't be ideal by any means. The pusher would be much better fir use in one complex than the p/u with a back plow. The pusher is right in front of you as you are trying to get right up against something rather than the pull plow which would require somebody with much more experience so that you aren't replacing garage doors at a steady pace.:cool:

The other thing ia that by utilizing the bobcat at a site like that it frees up the pick up to go out to other jobs that you couldnt do with a machine. The bobcat also won't need to be registered or insured and that save $ too.

7. MnM

MnM Senior Member

it will be used in one complex and was thinking of the 8 footer push/pull. I was concerned about the visiblity with the pull plow. To me if the pull option works like people say, I should be able to fly through the drives, most are only about 20 ft long and are doubles.

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me like one of those would be perfect. The newer Pro-Techs come with a new steel edge that is supposed to work better tham the rubber edge. I can't comment personally because we never got a chance to use ours last winter because we didn't get much of one!!!:cry:

9. MnM

MnM Senior Member

thanks big dog I think u made up my mind
    protech 8 ft snow box w/pull attachmentpayup