1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by guido, Jun 3, 2001.

1. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Have any of you guys built your own snow pusher for a backhoe or front end loader?

We're looking at some now, but we don't think they're going to give us the funds to purchase one this year. We looked at the design and it looks simple enough to build one.

We're trying to get some ideas and we're going to build one soon. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Guido make sure you use a rubber edge or you will be getting up close an personal with your loaders windshield.
    John P

3. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

John

I planned on using the same edge we cut to size and use for our blades on our oshkosh multi units. Its almost 1.5 inches thick and it wears slow, but gives a smooth ride. I was wondering though, do they run up on skids or anything like that, not to put too much pressure on the rubber edge?

4. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

You just dont want to leave too much of the rubber edge showing as it will want to fold back under the box as you push it.The 2 shoes on the ends are a big wear item and i think if you put a piece of kevlar which i believe is waxing but durable the shoes may last longer.