1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pusher time question

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Greenway, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Greenway

Greenway Junior Member

Hey quick question i have a large apartment complex that i am bidding on and they are requesting a time management quote " meaning how long is it going to take to complete and with what equipment" and they are asking for a skidder with a pusher box to be on site so my question is how long does it take a skidder to push one acre of snow in an apartment complex setting at only being 8 ft. and what kind of acre charge or price should i be at for a pusher box
  2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Are they paying hourly? If not, then they shouldn't need to know how long it will take as long as it is complete within contract. Even if it is hourly, I wouldn't quote an exact price, but rather a window that leaves you some room for the unexpected.

The way you phrased it, it sounds like they are dictating the equipment and the pay, and you are just the guy stuck with the liability, equipment payments, and crappy hours.

Is it just me, or does this sound like he's going to be micromanaged down to the minute? ...never heard it termed "time management quote" before, though essentially every bid is.