1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Pusher Replacement Feet

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Superior L & L, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Looking to replace the feet on my pusher Dealer quoted $580. a pair. I almost Sh*t my pantys. Anyone have a good aftermarket source
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Something to try is Lacal Equipment. Google search will find them in Jackson Center, Ohio. We built our own pusher and bought a set of skid shoes for a parking lot sweeper's pickup head. Going off memory here, but I am thinking $85-95 per side. Ours measured 32" long. Minimal modifications if any and they should work for you. I want to say our were off an Athey Mobil sweeper. I could be wrong on that part though. Good luck.
  3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

We take ours off usually once a season and weld hard surfacing rod on the bottom of them. Saves alot of money! Just my 2 cents.
  4. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

We use half inch steel plates on ours. about 5x6inch on front and back, with a bead from the welder between them.
  5. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

Superior we use the old cutting edges off of are 10' plows, cut them down in 6"-8" lengths and weld them to the bottom of the shoes. That way if the operator wears the frond or the back down you just have to replace and 8" section and not the whole shoe.
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Just weld new plate on the bottom and adjust your edge.