1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow pusher output?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

How far can a snowpusher push 2" of snow. It would be a Volvo L20B 54HP AWD Articulated Loader with a 10' pusher. I might have a 2 Acre lot but the snow has to go in the back, its about a 400' push. Yes I know wet snow and dry snow are completely different animals, just looking for basic info here.

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

400 foot might be a bit much, but go for it. If its flat you should be okay as long as you dont take full bits besides the first one. How much does that loader wiegh?

3. Grn Mtn

I think its just under 10k lbs, the pushing is downhill. The spec is one price for the season, so saving time is key to making money.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Any way to angle the pusher so you just make a hug pile and then use the loader to move it?

5. Grn Mtn

whats the difference? the pusher is the loader:confused:

6. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

You seem tobe concerned that it may nto be able to push a snowbank all the way to the end of the lot so I figured you could just make a big pile in a central location and then move it with the loader instead of pushing.

7. Grn Mtn

duh.......now I see what your saying. its all a mute point now though, I just found out that a BIG firm in town is doing $2000 per acre for the season with a loader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: