1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pusher box for a JD 3520 tractor?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by classiclawncare, Dec 5, 2014.

1. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

Hello,

I have a 3520 John Deere tractor with a cab I use for some of my small lots I do for snow plowing. Ive always used the bucket that came with the tractor, but Im looking to speed things up a bit. It weighs around 3,000 lbs.

Im looking at 6' snow pusher boxes with a rubber edge like the scoop dogg made by buyers.

I wanted to know if this would work?

Ive also seen they have metal snow plows for this as well.

We usually dont have more than 2-6 inches of snow to push at any time. I have the skid steer plates at my shop that can attach to my tractors loader to be able to hook up to a pusher or plow if needed.

I have an 8' protech rubber edge pusher on my Cat skid steer and it has been great for 6 seasons.

2. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

I just bought a ZMI pusher for my little Massey 2610 sub compact. Id give them a call, their 900 series is 6' with the ability to put any kind of mount on it you want.
    give joe mchale a call 585-662-9536

3. TPCLandscaping

meant to add a pic…
    [​IMG]

4. classiclawncare

I just checked them out and that looks good. Thats exactly what Im looking for.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

How about a boss b8 pusher? Steel trip edge is a million times better then a rubber... I had a b10 and it was awesome, until I got a metal plessis

6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I doubt a 3520 would push a B8. We had an LD8 Arctic on our 3720 and it's all it wanted. The Arctic would push easier than the Boss, as well.

OP, I don't know if Arctic ever released their CD line, but that's something I'd check into. Rubber edge pushers rob horsepower like crazy.

7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

The Arctic is alot heavier than the boss I'd imagine, I had a 7' v plow on my 3720 and it didn't even know it was there when it came to pushing... I'd do it if I were to go down that road again, all it needs is a 1500 lb weight box out back and your good to go

8. classiclawncare

This ZMI looks great, esp for the price, its only $1150 for a 6'.

9. TPCLandscaping

After they made the custom mount for my massey, its not a quick attach and shipping i was at 1600 which still i don't think is bad

10. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

ClassicLawnCare,

Thanks for using Pro-Tech. Not sure if you've considered it but we do make a 6' compact rubber edge model that weighs 375lbs. It comes standard with a universal skidsteer coupler and we also offer custom connection options. Hope this is of some help.

http://snopusher.com/products/rubber-edge-sno-pusher/

11. classiclawncare

Protech how much would a 6' pusher cost with john Deere hookups shipped to 21830?

12. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Classiclawncare,

I just put in a request for quote and should have something shortly.

13. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Just for a point of reference, I had a Kubota L3240 with a cab, filled rear tires, and NO ballast box. I was running the Pro-Tech 8' Compact/tractor model on a bucket mount style hook up.

The pusher would sometimes drive the tractor, however I always felt this was due to the snow coming over the moldboard and filling the bucket. After awhile, this would turn into slush/heavy snow and it was like driving around with a bucket full of dirt, plus a pusher, plus the snow in the pusher..

With all that said, going with the SS style mount is the way to go. Or have a JD style mount put on the pusher, if they're still using those (its been a long time since I've owned, or even looked at a Deere. Sold mine in 2006).

Besides the bucket filling with snow, the unit worked great for its intended purpose.

14. classiclawncare

I agree a direct hookup pusher box is better.

15. TPCLandscaping

I've been pushing 3" of heavy slush with my 6' pusher on my little massey GC2610 [​IMG]