1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow pusher blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leapinglizards, Sep 18, 2010.

1. leapinglizards

leapinglizards Junior Member

I have been looking to replace my rubber on my snow pushers. I can't stand them anymore. We waste too much time rescraping our lots with metal afterwards. Does anyone know a good company that makes a poly edge? I want to buy sections so if one snaps I don't need to replace the entire edge. Any input would be appreciated. I am also thinking about changing over some of my snow plows to poly. I have heard that poly is the way to go, but I am not sure.

2. snowtech

snowtech Member

look into cutting edge poly, we switched our rubber edges to their poly edges and they are a ton better. they still have some give but scrape as clean as steel. And ours have lasted longer than the steel edges. they are the only ones we could find that use a strong enough poly material that will last a long time.

3. leapinglizards

Thanks, how long are they lasting and how do I get ahold of cutting edge poly? I have heard that poly is the way to go but more expensive. Is it really worth it?

4. snowtech

snowtech Member

cuttingedgepoly.com, yeah its not cheap but its totally worth it. our 14' pusher would have gone through 6 of the rubber cutting edges since we installed the cutting edge poly blade and its barely showing any wear. initial investment was higher than rubber but we are having it last multiple years out of it and have not had to even adjust it yet. in the long run we are saving a ton of money and time. good luck

5. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i agree with snowtech. we have one on our 10' pusher and it is way better than the rubber.

6. leapinglizards

I just looked up cuttingedgepoly.com and they have no order page. It is under construction. Do you have a way to contact them to get pricing?

7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Does the poly give just like the rubber so you dont need a trip edge?

8. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i called them when i ordered mine. 269-838-6846 good luck

9. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

viper, yeah it has give so if you hit a manhole cover it wont rip it out of the ground but is rigid enough to scrape clean. my pusher box plow doesnt have a trip edge and we have hit plenty of obsticles with it with no damage yet

10. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Are you suppose to leave a half inch to a inch past the shoes like rubber or no? Never heard of this before. I will have to look into it. Look on the website but no pricing. Rough number any body by ft?

11. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

ours is down below the shoes a bit, but we dont have any trouble with spill off. i think i paid around $600 for my 10 footer

12. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Call AquaJet Services 610-682-6890. Tell them Rich sent ya. You'll need measurements from your old edge.

13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I know on our rubber you can flip and rotate, basically getting 4 uses out of one rubber.
    i've heard the poly edge chatters until worn, have you experienced this? how many sections would you put on a 20' pusher, 5 4 footers? or 2 10 footers?

14. leapinglizards

Thanks for the input to everyone. I called Cutting Edge Poly and got a lot of good information. I see they have price lists at cuttingedgepoly.com. They also talked about the different materials that are used in the industry. Pretty interesting to say the least. I'm going to give it a try. I will let everyone know how it goes this winter.

15. leapinglizards

Grn Mtn,
    I asked Mark some of that stuff and he told me that the chattering usually isn't an issue, but if you are concerned, they offer a beveled edge. He also said that they normally sell their edges in sections of 4 or 5 footers so if you want to swap pieces out or flip them it is easier and you don't need to buy an entire piece. I have a twelve foot pusher that I'm am buying 4 sections of 4 feet so I have a backup piece. Little more expensive, but worth it on a snowy night if something happens I thought. Anyway, his number is 269-838-6846 if you want to give him a buzz.

16. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i didnt have any "chatter" on mine. i can flip mine over also.

17. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

Heck, we bought a 8.5 boss xt and that sucker chattered like crazy with the steel edge. I replaced the edge with a poly edge and love it. No chatter and almost no wear. Cleans up great.

18. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

thanks..............