1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pusher and 310 JD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Oct 7, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Need some input here, looking at John Deere 310 4wd backhoe and mounting a 12 foot snow pusher on it. My question is will this be to big of a pusher for the machine and how good will this size backhoe do with a pusher? Thanks ahead of time guys. :salute:
  2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I use a 1988 John Deere 210c 4x4 Backhoe with a 12' Pusher. It handles it just fine. It is a little bit light when you get the heavier wet snow but still pushes fine if you can get good traction, so if you get a 310 which is heavier you should be fine.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Jeff nice set up but I love the new 344 that you have that must be a sweet machine to plow with.
  4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

The 344H is basically what I am in during the storm. It is my office in a snow storm, I coordinate everything from the cab plus since I bounce around to different areas to move piles and push banks back I get a good look at the whole campus and can send different equipment to areas that I see need attention. I have the two way radio, weather channels, radio, am way up high, unbelievable visibility, A/C to keep the windows from fogging and a few different attachment's to move the snow around, plus this thing has what they call stereo steering. Not only does it articulate but the rear wheels also steer 17 degrees giving you an unbelievably turning radius for tight areas. 10' power angle Henke plow, 4 yard snow bucket and the pusher if I want it.
  5. tcellie

tcellie Junior Member

Gotta love those power reversing Henke plows!
  6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

talk about digging up a old thread
  7. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

and it's the Henke guy too, hehe :)

I always see this on message boards, people search for something and then reply to something not realizing it's from like 3 years ago or something.