1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow pro 3000 new wire harness

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by bart5443, Dec 7, 2009.

1. bart5443

bart5443 Junior Member
    from penna

I just bought a new harness 2009 model ,no wiring diagram , went to curtis web site it shows the old one plug . what i have a proublem with is there are two orange wires one says ground with a small connector , the other has a large connector but no tag ? is this a ground also. Thanks

2008 3500 dodge quad cab C&C 9.5 flatbed alum dump

2. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

What kind of connector does it have and where is it located? I only see one orange in the print.... thus your trouble I know. Sure its orange and not, say, pink?

3. bart5443

bart5443 Junior Member
    from penna

It has a large round connector the size that fits on a battery terminal bolt , the one that says ground has a small round terminal I hooked it to one of the screws holding the solenoid on. thanks

4. bart5443

bart5443 Junior Member
    from penna

Also if any help this harness has 4 relays hooked together in the harness ,

5. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

4 relays? Nope guess I can't help you with that. Sorry, maybe someone else has a clue. My harness is a 05 I think and has only one relay and the 2 plug set up.

6. bart5443

bart5443 Junior Member
    from penna

Thanks anyway , This is their new and improved harness it still has the two plugs , I will try calling Curtis today. If I find out I will post it tonight . We are supposed to get some mixed weather tonight.

7. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

If you have any questions on the wiring give me a call and i can fax or email to you.1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

8. mikefras

mikefras Member

Large ring goes on the Battery negative terminal, the small one goes on a good ground near the solenoid (mounting screw) The relays take the place of the headlight selector switch.
    I just got the same harness.

9. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

So the relays automatically switch from truck to plow lights when you plug in the plow?
    Seems odd they would color the battery + orange though but sa la vie

10. bart5443

bart5443 Junior Member
    from penna

Thanks mikefras , You are right , I talked to Angelo at Curtis today ,they will be putting the new diagram on their web site . Orange is their ground, I just hooked it up it works great these extra grounds help. Looks like ill be using it in the morn snow is on the way here in pa.

11. mikefras

mikefras Member

We are getting 12" plus tonite.