1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Pro 3000 drop speed

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by eman5oh, Dec 14, 2009.

1. eman5oh

eman5oh Member

I have a snow pro 3000 that I have acquired used and have every thing up and running fine, with the exception is that the plow drops like a rock when you lower the blade. Is their an adjustment for this. This is an older snow pro with the trip springs straight up and down.

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Check were the lift hose goes in the manifold there should be a restrictor disc to slow the plow down when in float.They might have removed it to make the plow drop faster.

3. eman5oh

eman5oh Member

Being on the lift hose would this also make the plow lift slower as well? The up speed is slower than the down speed by a good bit. Also will it be easy to spot this restrictor disk, as in the lift hose will have it and none of the other will have it? Thanks

4. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

The restrictor disc is only in the lift hose port(H port).For lifting speed how is the oil has it been changed?

5. eman5oh

eman5oh Member

The fluid was changed at the end of last season before it was put up for the summer. As for lift speed it is quite fast, the angle is also very fast, shakes the truck a bit when it stops.

6. eman5oh

eman5oh Member

I had a small leak coming from the lift cylinder, I tightened up the seal about a quarter turn and it seal to have stopped the leak as well as slowed the drop speed to be more reasonable. No affect on the lift. It was either that or the touch pad controller that I installed at same time. It is much easier to control the plow than with the dash mounted switches.