1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pro 2000 pump

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by teamviper9, Jan 3, 2013.

1. teamviper9

teamviper9 Junior Member
    from CT

My pump is done on my snowpro 2000. It say fenner fluid on it. Does anyone recognize the name? Any thing would be helpful. I hesitate to call Curtis, when I have called in the past they don't seem to want to support anything that is not a current model.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. JAYINH

JAYINH Member

is it the pump or motor that is shot?

3. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

We still use the make pump in are 3000 model plows motor part number 1TBM8

4. teamviper9

teamviper9 Junior Member
    from CT

Local hydraulic guys said pump is done. Used to be a Fenner Fluid Power pump. Fenner was bought by SPX and is now made by the Stone division of the company. They were very helpful. The model is SPX DC-80SPC.

Thanks

5. JAYINH

JAYINH Member

did you change out the pump or just the pump head? these are not all that hard to work on. if the motor dies it could be brushes are wore and a replacement motor can be purchased for $80.00 and up( ebay-but you will need a coupler key) . block never seems to fail, pump gear may take some searching around. I think i need a new motor in mie and will but the $80.00 motor single post and groung the cable to the block...beats a $300.00 motor from dealer. alot of the hydraulic 12v pumps out there use the same "gold motor" from china and are easy to swap out.