1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Prep Springs On A 96 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by danno, Dec 16, 2004.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

Anybody know what size springs you got when you ordered the snow plow prep package for the 96 1500 reg cab, 5.9 ? I also have the HD towing also. Are they the same as the 2500 series ? The tags have fallen off the springs.

2. danno

danno Senior Member

Anyone? :cry:

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Didn't know you could get a plow prep package on a 1500?
    on my 01 2500 the springs on the plow prep were 39 drivers,38 passengers
    i put 46 , 47's in my 98, 2500 and love'em, it now rides like a truck should and I don't need timmbrens.( witch is another can of worms)

Good luck!!

4. Sportramhemi

Sportramhemi Junior Member

Give your dealer your vin. number & he can tell you what springs came on it from the factory. then go to dodgeram.org and look under specs and front springs. It lists all the part nos. and ratings for the front springs up to 2002

5. danno

danno Senior Member

Thanks. They sure did have a prep for a 96 1500. Extra H D Front suspension/ Trans. Overheat warning light. From the factory. I bought the truck 3 months ago from a dealer who had the original window sticker. Having the original sticker going along with the truck is almost like winning the lottery,.....well almost. :rolleyes:

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

you learn some thing new every day around here :drinkup: