1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Poll 2002

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by casey, Jan 24, 2002.

?

Compared to a year with average snowfalls.

1. More snow

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Slightly less snow

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Average snowfalls

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. No snow or way below average

67 vote(s)
    81.7%
  1. casey

casey Banned

We have got almost zero this year. Been out 3 times, less than 2" each time & melted by the end of the route.

2. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Compared to last year at this time I had more snow but fewer storms. 8 storms so far this year but they are leaving less snow and now it is raining so what snow we have will soon be gone. Mud Season is coming ealry this year

3. intimidator

intimidator Member

Haven't been out plowing once yet this winter. we haven't had more than an inch, maybe inch & 1/2 all season. Its getting pretty discouraging to say the least. By this time last year, I was sick and tired of snow, out plowing 2 times a week on the average.

Jason

4. casey

casey Banned

33 votes less snow than average & none average or above? Let's hope it's not a progressive trend.

5. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

SNOW WITHDRAWALS

Snowed on December 27 with 3 inches.

Snowed this last week in all directions around, but not even
    a flake here. Today was 52 degrees and rain.

Look at the bright side, not using much fuel, not breaking
    anything, everything will be ready for next year

6. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

I've had three snowfalls (can't really call 'em storms) that stuck. With a total of about 7"-9"
    The 20 year average for my location is nearly 50"

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

We had a ton of snow same time Buffalo did. But I'm not really counting that too much because we've only really had one storm that wasn't lake effect. If we hadn't had that we would be hurting.

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We are way below average! Glad most of our accounts are on monthly payments we pay a weekly salary to 3 drivers. We make just as much money if it snows or not!!! We could use a liitle snow though, we have 30 accounts that pay per storm outside of our season contract accounts. .

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

By my figures, I'm at half of last year - Both times plowing and amount of snow.

10. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Annual average 290 cm 100"
    average for nov-jan = 175 cm, 65 "

and we had received 150cm, 55"
    but we got inches per inches, so we don't have to do the per push and the other problem, weather is too warm, there is no more than 12" on the ground ( no extra job to do),. So we eat our seasonnal contract for fuel expense and labor...nothing is perfect. But no storm, no rush, less break down, this is not so bad.

2002 Quebec snowfall

11. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

2 snow falls here. we're behind usually average 7-10 plowable snows and couple salt events.