1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skyhigh1, May 3, 2005.

1. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

I recently purchased a 2002 f-250 superduty diesel and a 2004 f-250 superduty 4 door diesel and I wanted to plow snow with these trucks but I don't want to break the bank on 2 plows.. Does anyone know of any cheap but good systems to start out with ?

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a budget? If so I am sure we can hook you up with something ;)

If you really don't want to spend to much money, you might have to buy a used plow. Put up a post looking for a used plow, i am sure you will come up with a plow. hey, it's only spring, this gives you a long time to find two nice used plows.

Welcome to plow site :waving:

3. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

I don't really want to spend over $3,000.00 a piece on the plows... I am in Richmond,Va and the snow here is a hit or miss kinda deal. I am just testing something new out for my business and don't want to waste a good chunk of change on something I rarely get to use, Do you know what I mean ? I found a plow online thats a hiniker plow and its 7.5 foot long for $3,400.00 is this reasonable or expensive ? I really don't want to pay that to a company I have never heard of before...

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

That's way expensive for a junkiker. My western was 3300 brand new 8 foot pro.

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Plowing even up north is not going to make anyone rich. With that said, I say don't go for something old and cheep that will break. It's off season so see if you can make some deal on two plows brand new. Western is the one of the cheaper professional blades, you might give them a try. Also If you install them yourself you can save 250 to 300 each.. Warning.. I here the Fords are the hardest to install. But you can do it.

PS. I rode my Bike in VA in Jan of 01 when I bought it. Are you sure you want to do this? lol

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  6. skyhigh1

skyhigh1 Junior Member

I appreciate the advice you all gave me.... I am going to look into the western plows today. I really hadn't planned on getting into the snow plowing business, But my customer's from my Tree Service & Landscaping business kept asking me would i do this for them so they would only have to deal with one person instead of 2 or 3 people. I have no clue as to how I would charge them for this what method do you guys use to give an estimate. I recently ordered a computer snow plow business program called blizzard buster maybe that will tell me. What do you guys think ?