1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plows with Tracks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rondo, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

Does anyone have a vehicle with tracks that is used for snow plowing? :drinkup:

snowcat 1.jpg

Tracked Polaris.jpg
  2. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

No but I'm going to buy a atv with tracks to snowblow or plow a driveway and to play around in the snow with.
  3. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

Homemade Track Vehicles

I would like to build something like this converted semi vehicle. [first picture] Toyota body and tracks wrapped around 12 semi tires. I recently called a company in MN to price out the bolt on track sets that fit on a pickup or Blazer. Get this!!! $24.000 Dollars!! Yes that's not a mistake! Yikes, I guess I'll have to build one myself. :dizzy:
    Any ideas??

Track truck. Sno Blaz, Blaz in Mud.jpg
  4. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

This climbs Mt Washington NH during the winter:

This is one company that supplies vehicle track conversions:

5. Ex1900Driver

Ex1900Driver Junior Member

Those are just... well, I was amazed when I visited the website and saw all the different things they could do with tracks instead of tires.

6. Pat M

Pat M Member

Tracks are an amazing thing. I have a set for my Grizzly 660 and it is amazing with the snowbanks you can climb with them. I will try to take some pics today if not a video and post it up. Next is to get a set of tracks for my wife's Rhino and see what that thing can do. I know there is a video with a set of tracks on an original H1. An H1 going through everything is amazing, but seeing it with a set of track is really amazing.
  7. Brandon

Brandon Member

8. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Got anymore pics of that first vehicle? The orange toyota with tracks. doug