1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plows for S/C V6 4x4 Frontier

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by raiderjoe, Aug 4, 2004.

1. raiderjoe

raiderjoe Junior Member

I just bought a 2004 Nissan Frontier 4x4 V6 S/C Crew cab. I am looking to plow ONLY my driveway (No Commercial Work). I am hearing it is difficult to get a plow for the Nissan Frontier. I don't want the manual plows offered(Snowsport, etc.) I want a Fisher, Meyer, Western, Sno-Way, etc. type plow. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Does anyone know why Nissans have problems with mounting plows??? Is there any way around it?? Thanks for the input.
  2. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

If you want a full use snowplow for your nissan I would look at Snoway, particularly the Predator St. Models. Or depending on where you live if there is a blizzard dealer nearby, you might look at the 680 Lt. I have a Snoway Mt plow on my Sonoma and it does a great job. I would say look into Western or Fisher's suburbanite/homesteader but they don't even offer Nissan on their quick match so my guess they would sell you the plow but would not install it. So far as the Snowsport goes, the business next to us, the guy uses a snowsport on and does a pretty efficient job and at only around a thousand dollars compared to upwards of 2500-3500 dollars in the fully hydraulic plows, maybe be something to look at! But good luck!
  3. ejdago

ejdago Junior Member

Curtis Home-pro

Bought brand new for my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab in Feb. 2004 and only used 3 times on my 160' driveway for a total of about 12" of snow. Not sure if this will fit on the frontier or not, but thought I would let you know

Plow is in practically brand new shape and works perfect. Paid $3200 installed. Will Sac. for $2200.

If interested or have questions email me at ejdago@yahoo.com
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Snoway ST 6'8" on my 4Runner and it is perfect.....worked well last year. I do residential driveways........If and when I get a larger truck I will go with a Snoway again.

5. Joelinnh

Joelinnh Junior Member

MY snoway and truck (suv)

I run a snoway on my 03 Chevy Trailblazer. Yes a Trailblazer with a v6. Runs great. Do several driveways and have never had a problem with it. The DP is outstanding