1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rkendall, Nov 1, 2010.

1. rkendall

rkendall Junior Member
    from 46666

Hey guys,
    I'm going to start offering plowing next year with my lawncare business. My business is mainly apartment complexes and neighborhood associations. I've heard of the $100/hr range. Is that just for residential? How do you go about bidding a price for apartment complexes and such. Also, do you figure on an average number of snowfalls for a certain year when you bid the contracts? Any advice you could give me to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Truck w/ 7.5 , 8 ft plow should earn 100-125/hr. Subs will want pay of 70-100/hr. Check noaa for average snowfalls in your area.

3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

You should consider sub contracting for a local company for a year or two before going out on your own. The year I spent working for another company was very beneficial to learning the ins and outs of the business.

4. vinces designs

vinces designs Junior Member

i would suggest you work as a sub for a company first to get your feet wet and it will also let you get a feel of what cost are involved so you will know what to charge to cover overhead G & A and profit.