1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plowing is Front Page News!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by North Country, Feb 18, 2004.

1. North Country

North Country Senior Member

We were lucky enough to have a photo on the front page of The Post Star in Glens Falls, NY a couple of storms ago. -

We had been out all night and one of our crews stopped for breakfast, the photographer was driving by and saw the line of trucks, took a few pics and walked into the diner to see who we were.

It has a daily circulation of about 40,000 so quite a few people saw it. Hooray for us!

Nothing like a little free advertising! We were also running our radio spots at the same time so it helped solidify the name recognition.

ps fleet 2-5-04.jpg

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

So if your customers are wondering why your aren't at their lot/driveway plowing, they'll all be calling Sams Diner looking for your men.

:D

Cool Pic!

3. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

congrats, thats something u will never forget, ashame they didnt put ur number in there also.

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Great advertising..... nice pic.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nice pic good for co

6. sbvfd591

sbvfd591 Junior Member

cool pic good for you

7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Very nice Fisher Plows

8. Barberry Hill

Barberry Hill Junior Member

THERE SI S FEATHER FOR YOUR CAP!
    Worthy news
    Thanks

9. North Country

Thank you for the props gentleman!

On an odd note: The local 'Big Guy' landscaper/ plower (Who is actually a nice guy) uses that diner for all of his crews. They go in whenever they are on break and eat on his account which he pays monthly.

We have always gone there, but now it looks like a turf thing! LOL!

By the end of the week that our picture ran the 'Big Guy' had embroidered shirts made for the whole diner staff (complimentary)with his logo and the diners logo.

This is so funny because now we are looking for a 'Home' diner for our guys as we don't want to create any bad blood. We actually sat down and talked about it "Maybe diner X would give us a monthly account", 'Yeah, but who makes up their customer base?'...........

Here we are vying for for premium diner face time. Maybe we need a PR firm to handle this? LOL! Maybe we have stumbled upon some excellent (untapped) marketing for the trade?

Food for thought. - michael

10. Bucksnort

Bucksnort Junior Member

Michael,am a regular at Sam's and noticed the new shirts yesterday.Wondered what the deal was and knowing the outfit with initials JG has their crews eat there figured maybe a gag or made Pete an honorary member.Missed that story in the Post Star but now I understand.Pretty humorous stuff.You can always adopt Poopies for a diner.

11. North Country

That is funny! - Of course Poopie's was on our diner list. But you don't want to tick Jerry off, because that could hurt the business rep! LOL!

Wow you are the first truly local plower I have met on the site! Drop me a message so that we can exchange info and give me some info on your business. -michael

12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

a suggestion; Paint your blades ;)

13. North Country

<h3><center>Thanks Nate. That is slush....</h3>

<h4>Fisher Yellow - $22/ Quart Every Season.<br>Arrowhead Truck and Body Glens Falls, NY ...tell 'em Mike sent ya!
    </h4>

...It's good to be in a position where everyone knows we need to paint our blades! - michael

14. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Glad you said you were stopped to eat, if I saw that pic on the front page of the paper I would have said look at all them broken down Dodges.

15. North Country

...Not that it is a big deal but -

I have said this before -

Here we have this so called community where everone wants to be treated like a professional and every post there is someone waiting to take a shot to make themselves feel better about something.

I just don't understand..........

16. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

No harm intended, I was just joking, as I just realized now there is about 2 more lines of type and a smiley that are not there now from when I originally posted my reply. hey I think we all wish we could have that kind of advertisement.

17. North Country

Thank you landman - I understand but you know the way it normally is!

All is good in Plow-land! - michael

18. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

anyways; the 2nd plow has some bad gashes in the paint but they arent real bad