1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plowing in a '94 toyota pickup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ciscokid, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid Junior Member

Hi guys new to the website, thanks for all the info, was just wondering I can put a snowplow on my toyota truck, the GWR on the front axle is 2650 and is it possible to even snow plow with it? thanks, my boss runs a landscaping company and wants to expand to snowplow and asked me to look into getting a snowplow for the truck, and thanks in advance for the info great site!!

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

you get snow in new mexico?

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite.

Yes you can put a plow on your Toyota. Our ST or MT series would have been recommended applications for it. We no longer produce these models but there are some dealers out there that still have them in stock. The other option would be to look for a used one.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's the new snow belt. LOL

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No reason you can't. The older Toys make excellent plow trucks for small areas.

Won't have a ton of plow choices but Snoway would be one of them. They have some nice plows for your truck.

6. ciscokid

ciscokid Junior Member

yes it does snow in new mexico, and some times a lot, ok so Snowy plows i will check them out thanks guys...

7. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Hope it is just a typo but it is SNO Way plows

Brad

8. ciscokid

ciscokid Junior Member

ok so sno-way does not produce the one for my truck, any other suggestions?

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Contact our Albuquerque retailer and they should be able to help you out. They buy through a distributor in Denver and I know for sure that there are MT plows in stock there.

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Tom is there mountains there or something I must of missed those days of geography? then again i recall 2 seasons ago texas had snow and ice for christmas. meyers makes little plows or what about Snowbear

11. I just bougth a 1993 toyota pick up 4wd manual trans....it has a meyers plow and it seems to be holding it rigth not like those little trucks that seem to be hitting the ground.

12. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Yes thats why there saying those older toyo trucks are very good plowing machines for smaller places,it should do well for as long as you dont plow like your driving 1ton diesle.Start off with keeping your snowbanks well back its hard to move them back later with those lighter trucks.

13. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I would definately check the frame on that old Toy. Up here in wisconsin the frames on them rot out and break like matchsticks! Usually right behind the cab:dizzy:

14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

and its an easy fix to re-box it. We run two 94 toyota's with fishers and they're unbeatable for driveways (except maybe a toughened up jeep.)

15. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Do we believe in reincarnation.

16. 1redrocker

1redrocker Junior Member

need a meyers mount for toyota 1992

Hello, I am having trouble getting/ finding the mount for a Meyers TM plow I have for my 1992 toyota pickup...can anyone help?

17. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

what year what motor what style

18. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

How about building your own mount?

19. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

my dad has a 99 Tacoma with like 470k on it its a manual with the original clutch tranny and engine

20. 1redrocker

1redrocker Junior Member

truck data

1992 4 x 4 Toyota Pickup, 3.0 V-6 (3vze) Just rebuilt it. I just picked up a Meyers TM plow that has some wear...an a frame, pump and good angle rams no mount for the vehicle. Probably hard to find a old Toyota mount?