1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plowing / House Sitting

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by HayBay, Sep 12, 2004.

1. HayBay

HayBay Junior Member
    from Ontario

I have a customer who wants his home looked after for 6 months. The wife and himself will be in Florida.

I currently maintain his lawn, what he wants is the driveway clear/plowed and plants inside the house watered.

Does anyone do this for their customers? What is your experience in this situation.

I have not contacted my Insurance company yet to ask about coverage in this situation.

Thanks. :)

2. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Looked after as in staying at the house? otherwise i have many customers who are snowbirds and i keep the drive and walks clear while they are away...

As for staying at a customers house i myself couldn't do it.Something comes up missing or broken then your automatically the first to be blamed.

3. HayBay

HayBay Junior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks for the reply CamLand

I will not be living in the house. I am just required to Visit Property, water the plants inside the house and contact owners if anything out of the ordinary is noticed.

Asked to Visit property 1 time per week or when plowing driveway.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've done very similar in the past. Very good situation as you can plow it when you get around to it - no hurry as they won't be up there any time soon.

Many people do that around here without worrying about it, but you could get bonded. I wouldn't unless they ask for it, though. If they asked you to water the plants, they feel that they can trust you. Just be sure you clean up any mess you make, like tracking in. You might want to keep a record of when you watered. Call them if anything is out of the ordinary, just to advise them and they can decide if they want to come up or let you take care of it. Tell them that if they'd let you know when they're headed up, you'll make sure the driveway is cleared when they get here.

5. HayBay

HayBay Junior Member
    from Ontario

Mick

Thanks for the reply.