1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plowing Excel work book. What do you think

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by daninline, Dec 11, 2004.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I have been working on this for a few hours now and wanted to get all of your feed back (be nice)
    I put formals in this sheet so if you fill in one spot it will fill in other spots of the sheet and it will add up numbers and subtract cost per storm or for the season.

There are tabs at the bottom to other work books and they are all linked.

I may ad more as I bet I missed a lot of stuff that all of you would like in there.
    Right click on the link and choose save as to save it to your hard drive then open it from there.
    plow data.xls
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Looks good! Have you checked out Blizzard Buster yet?
  3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Nope I'll have to take a look but not to night 12:37AM I wish I was out plowing. :sleeping:
  4. computerguy

computerguy Member

Hey there. I guess you a computer person like myself. :waving:
    Nifty. I like it. I like the "14 Storms"! If we ever had 14 billable storms down here I would be like a kid in a candy store. payup It just does not snow that much here. Again, Like the spreadfheet. Going to use it this year.
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I have been using Lotus spread sheet templates and database programs for years for client racking, invoice, expense and weather trends too. I think I am going to change next year though to something different completely.
  6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I made some changes to the sheet Plow dataV.1
    I'm not much of a Lotus guy but I know a lot of people love it.

I added a graph on the last worksheet and also added dates to each storm.
    I may ad a mail merge option so it will automaticly print out bills for each storm ya this part will be fun :dizzy:

I added a few demo accounts they can be wiped out I just wanted to show/test the options.

Well time to plow dirt :angry:
  7. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad job at all. Keep those creative juices flowing!
  8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Thanks Tarkus before you know it I'll have a database built for this.
    Boy do I hope it snows.

computerguy: yup I work on computers all week and then some it's nice to do something besides working on networks and repairing computers.

I would say with your ID your really into it (do you work for your self?)
  9. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Made a few more changes added a spot for a phone number since I think that would be a good thing plus a few little things here and there.
    Have fun.

Attached Files:

10. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice. I have all my lawn customers in a database but that is it. This is by far a lot more work than I have put in. We will see how bored I am this winter and see what type of work I get done on it if any. Hopefully we won't be bored but out plowing snow.
  11. mjandrew

mjandrew Junior Member

Nice work on the spreadsheet! I don't know if you do any sub work, but the start and end time for each cite might be helpful...especially for costing purposes. Just a thought.
  12. daninline

daninline Senior Member

'm glad you all like it.

I put the start time and end time just in case any accounts call to say I wasn't there on time plus I can manage my time to add more accounts.
    Plus like you said for subs.

I need more ideas to make it better.
    How about a page to add a route map?
    A page to draw some kind sketch of the driveway for each account.
  13. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I need more ideas to add to this?
    How about a quote form.
  14. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

So far it looks real good. I would suggest a space to put labor costs per job. Even if your a one man company you need to pay yourself.

15. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

making changes

i really like your idea. i am not so good with specific programs and i know nothing about excel.

i was curious if i decide to use this how would i be able to put my own numbers in. some of the numbers i physically cant change. are they changed automatically when i put other numbers in and also if i wan to extend the graphs ie the expenses say i want to add more expenses in there is it hard to extend the graph.

would it just be easier for me to get a book on excel and read up on it myself?

keep up the good work i like the ideas

16. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

Is there any way you can set it up where it takes the information given and you can print out the bills for you on a particular storm that you pick.

that would be nice: )
  17. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Dan Good Job, It looks real good, Do you have the cells locked??? Rob
  18. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

unprotect password

Can you email me the unprotect password for the spreadsheet thanks
  19. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I do have some cells locked since there is formulas in them and if you enter anything in them it will brake the code so I'll post a unlocked version for all the Excel guru's out there.
    I will change the color of the cells with an formula just to let you know that it's there.

I'll have it posted soon.

james731 you are right about the numbers most of them are changed on the 1st page and the per storm page.

If anyone wants something diffrent added just let me know if you don't know how I could just add it for you.

Also I am doing some testing to have it be able to print up bills per storm.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  20. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Ok I have attached the unlocked version if you want to make changes.

I should explan how this sheet works.

On the Cust info sheet you would fill in all of your customers info trigger name number any more info you want to fill in, I also use the billing address for notes if I need to.
    Don't fill anything into the seasonal total this will fill in on it's own when you enter storm info.

The Job Sheet is someting I made to print out to take in the truck during a storm the customers names will fill in automaticly from the info on the cust info sheet.

Paid per storm is a place to enter your per storm collected.
    You can enter per storm date and amount collected this will auto fill in season total on the cust info sheet.
    The cutomers name and amount charged per push or storm will be all filled in from the cust info sheet.
    Also on the bottom of this sheet it will give you a total of each storm.

Cost per storm is pretty much the same at the paid per storm just enter info per storm and it will auto fill in.

income-cost sheet is just a chart to see if there is more money going out or coming in.

Thanks for who ever gave me the points :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004