1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plowing Driveers and subs needed for Chicagoland area

Discussion in 'Employment' started by readysnowplow, Jun 20, 2010.

1. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I am looking for experienced drivers OR subs for accounts on the east side of Chicago this season. I pay between $20-$30/hour depending if you have your own truck or using mine. You will need to do some light salting for some accounts so if you have a salt spreader that's a plus but is not necessary as I have my own. I plow 2" or greater. You must have your own insurance if you are using your own truck and I have to have proof of insurance. If you are dependable and looking for consistent work, PM me or call me at 773-491-8545. I pay at the end of the day. You will fill out a 1099. Serious people only!.

2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

$20-30 an hour? for my truck? ur kidding right? thats a typo...
  3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I assume that in order to get paid $30 and hour I would have to provide my own salt? Sign me up! Hot Damn thats a great deal! We are talking retirement money here boys. payup
  4. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

The eastside. Do you plow lake Michigan :D
  5. readysnowplow

PDQ that's hilarious! No really, that's funny. I guess you aren't from Chicago or read the map well. But for the right price, I would plow the lake too. The $20 or so price is for the driver. If any serious people are interested in driving contact me.
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's not what you posted. $20-30 depending if you have your own truck means $30 max with your own truck.:dizzy:
  7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i just want to chime in here, I want to understand this correctly.

$20/hour with the truck/insurance/fuel/salt provided

$30/hour subcontractor provides the truck/insurance/fuel/salt

Now if this were me, weither i had my own equipment or not, i would use your equipment, being that the costs of running my own equipment would be more then the $10/hour difference.

(i would reconsider, i would guess something around $40-50/hour for a driver, truck, and plow has got to be a minimum)
  8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I'm guessing this is a joke? I pay $30 an hour for guys that drive MY trucks and start guys with there own trucks at $60 an hour. If you find drivers with there own trucks willing to work for $30 an hour PLEASE, send them to the south burbs!
  9. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

what kind of trucks are you running?

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

He has small lots and church lots i meet him last season and he wanted to pay me 25.00??? Use my truck and salt spreader and i pay for my gas...truck insurance also glb insured .need less to say i didnt accept the the job
    now he sells salt by bulk for an arm and leg he wants jan..prices now
  11. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

who is this guy so guys that dont want to get ****** dont work 4 him
  12. Reliable Snow and Ice

who the uck do even think any one would work for that kind of **** money... ok tell ya what i'll plow for with a shovel and you can pay me 30 an hour cause i own my own shovel....

13. readysnowplow

at RJS I really am starting to understand what kind of guy you really are. I didn't once explain how your unprofessional attitude and lack of integrity didn't get you the job. and i think the fact that you would use this forum to try to tarnish my "good name" with those who I have done work with is low and speaks volumes to why you are having such trouble getting paid. Whether or not my pricing schedule was or is industry standard is irrelevant. It certainly did NOT stop you from wanting the job when you didn't have one. I was a viable option then.

I am an honest person and I do honest business. Yes, I am small and I have just started out so I may be asking for things that you guys that have been in the business for years know to be different. I joined this site to gain experience and to humbly seek knowledge from those who have been in it. I have received some PM's from some people here and I thank them for their insight. However, don't take my inexperience for anything else. I am not trying to offend anyone and I am willing to make adjustments. I am just looking for good drivers and to provide work for some who may not have it.

Small lots or not it's work and RJS you were more than willing to take it last season so don't throw stones. I started two years ago with one small truck and three lots, I now have 17 lots and two trucks and will be building on that for this coming season. It's a start and better than some but not as good as most. Maybe if you changed your personality you would not be still trying to get paid from those bigger paying companies that you blast so regularly.

@nicco, I am far from a dumb ass and if I were you I'd watch my words cause what goes around comes around in Karma. I wish everyone well and prosperity despite your bitchy attitudes. Good luck girls and if you aren't interested don't comment
  14. Reliable Snow and Ice

well i called you a dumb ass cause ur nut's if any one worth wild will work for the **** money your offering.... the pay your offering won't even pay for GLB insurance... and i don't need to watch my word's i say what i mean and don't hold **** back if you can't handle the truth then kiss my ass
  15. Reliable Snow and Ice

do you even know what is involved with owning a real company not a fly by night operation like your posting on here.... just wait till the little old lady slip's and falls in one of your lot's and sue's the **** out of ya..... then you will know...... dumb ass

GBL insurance over a grand a year for 2.5 million in coverage 20. an hour = 50 hours = 1,000 that might cover the gbl now let's talk fuel diesel 2.50 a gallon... and salt man who ever works for you will lose the ass in no time.... boy oh boy I so want to work my ass of for you and at the end of the day take a loss on working for you.... get real and wake the **** up.... people like you and the type of people that is killing this country....

dumb ass
  16. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

RSP, I think what annoys people is when someone comes on and offers less then it actually costs 90% of people to operate, and 100% of people to make a profit on. People will call you out on that, and you should use that as a learning experience and move on from there. I don't know what the industry standard is for your area, but I have never heard of guys working with their own truck and their own insurance and their own gas, for $30. Especially not in a larger city. You may find guys that will work in your truck and your insurance for those prices, but it does look silly coming on here and saying that you will pay that for their truck.

Good luck this winter and let us know how it actually works out and what you actually end up paying.
  17. readysnowplow

@nikko I don't know what your problem is but I'm not into mixing words too much it doesn't change anything. Perhaps you just get off on insults or whatever you're overcompensating for. I've acknowledged my offer was not industry standard. I was asking that price based on speaking to other people. But at what point do you see that and either move on OR offer suggestions. I am only 2 years in the business and I'm "trying" to learn but I can't see how I can do that from somebody like you & your cheerleaders. So here is where I digress. @Pristine I appreciate it & I will keep you posted. Thanks. Obviously I'm low-balling and that is NEVER my goal so I will make the necessary adjustments. Like I said previously, I meant NO disrespect to anyone & I'm just asking for insight which is what I thought this site was intended.
  18. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Fair enough, and at least you are starting early. Every time you are at a plaza and see a plow truck, drop a card.
  19. Reliable Snow and Ice

then ask for advice don't post an add looking to hire people and insult the industry by low balling i have seen guy's low ball and screw people over I have been plowing for 12 years now and every time guy's post **** like this is just pisses me off sorry if i blew up at ya like i did but i'm just tired of seeing **** posted like that....

so I'm sorry for the insults...
  20. readysnowplow

@nikko try to remember what it was like for YOU 12 years ago just starting out & trying to learn.how many mistakes did you make? How many vets did you piss of unintentionally? How long did it take you to get on that horse of yours? Maybe you had a support system or a group of vets available to you. Most don't, I know I don't. I believe in a fair and honest wage for honest work and that's all I'm trying to get across. No harm no foul. It's cool.