1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plowing by the push contract question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ziob34, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

hi guys,
    were having a crappy winter here in new england absolutely nothing yet just curious for all you guys who have a by the push pricing or by the storm and not seasonal........do you have a minimum charge for the season somewhere in the contract just in case it doesn't snow......

basically for a bad month or two like this for your commercial accounts does anyone put anything like minimum snowplowing charge per months service of $500 just in case it doesn't snow. usually it snows and there is no problem but just curious as i was thinking of trying to do something along those lines. everyone around here especially residential is by the push or by the storm amount charge people just don't want to do seasonal.
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I think it's one way or the other.
  3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

All my contracts are per push, i don't think my customers would go for a fee like that. But great idea.

I stay away from seasonals and hourly all together. Its my terms or i walk away. 10 years of building contracts at my numbers. When it snows you can make $200-$400 an hour being per push and having contracts close together
  4. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

ya thats what i figured just blows cuz you can't go on vacation or anything through the winter and if it doesn't snow and your not seasonal you just sit and make no money.......guess thats the way it is was just wondering if anyone put some sort of minimum season or monthly charge to guarantee some sort of funds will come in....nobody wants seasonal around here really even the commercial you lose out on jobs if not by the storm or push.
  5. hosejockey4506

hosejockey4506 Senior Member

I bet thats working out great for you this year:confused:
  6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

all my contracts are per push also. I have learned to not count on winter work and plan accordingly. I cant imagine anyone going for a seasonal contract just because of months like December. I know all my clients are thinking they are way ahead for this year. I know that if I needed winter services...there is no way I would sign a seasonal agreement in Dayton Ohio....
  7. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

thanks for the input guys same deal here nobody likes seasonals and there winning this year....last year they got crushed i guess its give and take........hopefully we get something end of january.
  8. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

QUOTE=hosejockey4506;1401988]I bet thats working out great for you this year:confused:[/QUOTE]

:laughing: Funny Guy... 2 salt runs last night almost $3k, just got to keep it going now:gunsfiring:
  9. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

With us it's one or the other-seasonal or per storm.
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Still like my seasonal contracts.I don't even feel guilty for not going out.
  11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

All my per push clients are given a option, either just be on a straight pur push at one cost (say $100 per push) or be on a pur push with a one push minimum charge a month with a reduced per push price ( say $80 per push) most go for option 2
  12. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting idea.......but still is geared to areas with way more snow than I will get....if you can get it....go for it