1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Crewcutlawncare, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Crewcutlawncare

Crewcutlawncare Junior Member

Hey guys. I just wanted to get your opinions on what vehicle I would be better off putting a plow on for this winter season, in Eastern PA. First, I have an 02 F250 Super Duty 5.4L V8 with 4 wheel drive. The only problem with this is that when it shifts, it gives off a cranking noise... like it is trying to grab onto the next gear and having difficulty. Next, I have an 07 Chevy C4500 Diesel dump truck. This only has 2 wheel drive. I am thinking of going with an 8' blade on the Ford pickup truck, only because everyone tells me you will be much happier and able to see where your backing up and going with the smaller truck vs. the dump truck. You guys know better than I do though. Oh, and I also have a Bobcat S250 with an 8' snow bucket on it to plow the places around my housing area. So the only reason I need a plow on the truck or dump truck, is for when I go to areas where I can't drive the Bobcat to.

P.S. How long would you guess it would take to drive an S250 approx. 5 miles through the snow from one jobsite to the other? And do people usually give you a hard time if you are going to plow snow, you have your lights and your strobe light on, and you are in 2-Speed mode?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The ford seems like it would be more versatile for different sized accounts, however, i dont know all the different accounts you are doing.....fix the tranny and put the blade on the ford IMO.