1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 127, Jul 21, 2000.

1. 127

127 Guest

Have they corrected the problem with fenderwells rusting in the newer trucks due to salting the roads? Haven't heard any discussion about it.

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

The ones in my 95 Dodge are plastic, so I will have to say, Yes.<p>Bill

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Most trucks are lasting longer, however i did see a 94 f-150today that was losing the rear rear openings in the bed due to rust.<br>My 98 chevy has steel front wheelwells and they look like new , and that is after 3 yrs of plowing.<br>I will say this that chevy does a good job of sealing off the engine compartment. I have no rust or discoloration on my engine, whereas Brians Ranger is a mess from salt spray.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

4. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

I was suprised to see a '94 Dodge (new style) with the very bottoms of the doors rotting away. This is a few years sooner than I would have expected.<p>----------<br>John<br>

5. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

I WASH MY TRUCKS AFTER EVERY PLOWING/SALTING USE AND OIL SPRAY IN THE FALL, I THINK THE WASHING HELPS A LOT<p>DOUG

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I haven't had any rust problems. Only every truck gets washed after a storm so that must help. My new shop will have two wash bays, for washing trucks. I have guys go home, and the when the come back the next day they wash trucks.<p>Geoff