1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow wiring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chuckf, Dec 15, 2000.

1. chuckf

chuckf Junior Member

I just bought a Meyer E-47 snow plow, it is used and in prety good shape, unfortunately it didn't come with any paperwork. I have wired the lights without any proplem. But now the issue, the harness from the switch panel has four wires, white, black, green and red. The red, black and green were easy as they went to the solenoids. Where does the white wire go and the heavy duty cables (+ & -) connect? I checked the winding resistance of the motor and realize that there is something that I am missing. Does anyone have a schematic? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Chuck

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I would e-mail Myer on that one... that way you know EXACTLY what to do. They could probably e-mail/fax/mail you the schematic.

-Tim

3. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

You can buy the manual for many plows, including the E-47, at most of the on-line plow parts suppliers, or at a local dealer. Do a search for "plow parts" to find the on-line ones. Chuck's site does have a wiring diagram on one of the pages. The white wire goes to the solenoid. The large red positive wire goes to the solenoid (out) and the large black negative wire goes to the negative on the battery. Good luck.

5. chuckf

chuckf Junior Member

Thanks for the fast reply's. I will order the manual from Meyer's; but the post from ChuckChevyTruckPages answered most of my questions. Thanks for everyone's help, this site is GREAT!

Chuck