1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow swap

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hilltopfarm, Nov 3, 2004.

1. hilltopfarm

hilltopfarm Junior Member

I would like to put a plow on my 1996 f350 powerstroke due to the great power of this truck, i had seen a fisher for sale off of an 1988 and was wondering if anyone had any experience in these fitting on a 1996 easily or if i should go for a used Minute mount electric over hydraulic. the plow will be for our drive about 400' and a couple of other residential drives. what is a resonable price to charge for a 300 foot driveway? this is something im doing while not working at landscaping thanks.
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Whatevever you buy, make sure its minuite mount, unless you want the headgear to remian on the truck all year round, which is ugly and dangerous to other vehicles on the road, it is outdated.You can pick up a used Minuite mount for $500-$2500, yes its a broad range. If you are looking for used plows, check with some local fisher dealers and see if they sell used, if not, look in the paper. If you are willing to travel a bit then i know of a guy in Maine that sells TONS of used fishers.