1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Shovel Holders/Clips

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sns250, Jan 4, 2014.

1. sns250

sns250 Member

So I finally broke down and bought a 4' and 3' Snow Plow Shovel.

My questions is for everyone that has the shovel and is using the clips to hold them.

I also have a Salt Dogg poly spreader in a 6' bed so jamming the shovels beside the spreader gets kind of awkward and I am worried about the shovels falling out. What I was thinking was mounting 2 of the clips to the side of the spreader so we can just clip the shovel onto the side of the spreader.

My only concern now is the clips...will they hold up? If the shovel is snapped in I don't want a clip to break and then the shovel to fall out that way. I also did not know if the clips would hold up to being in and out 30 or 40 times in an event.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I would think the clips would hold up, they seem to be well built.
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have a jug full of those clips...and have considered drilling a couple to one of the spreaders, just to see if it does hold up. At the bare minimum, I would think you'd need to use (2) clips per shovel. I just hate to chance losing a $50 shovel....and thats why I may add a strap of sorts to it also.?..?..

BTW, they do work good for hanging the shovels on the wall of your shop or garage;)
  4. sns250

sns250 Member

That is exactly my concern is loosing the 50 dollar shovel. I had already planned on using 2 clips per shovel. I bought 4 shovels but 2 are in the back of dump trucks so they don't need them.

My thoughts are that if they break it is probably going to be putting the shovel in and out not necessarily while driving but I thought someone on here might have some first hand experience.

The clips seem pretty good and strong, I just don't know how they will be in 0 degree temps.
  5. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

Did you order them online or find a local vendor?
  6. sns250

sns250 Member

I ordered them online.
  7. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Use a quick fist clamp
  8. sns250

sns250 Member

Thanks 3bladz. They look like they will do just the trick. I just ordered 2 sets of amazon. Should be here Tuesday. I am thinking put the regular snow plow clip up by the handle and then one of the quick fist grips down by the blade and it should be good to go.
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Forgot about these. Good advice, you'll love them.
  10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

Ive been using them for a couple years for the 48's with no problems.
  11. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I just run a bungie through the handle. I'm not worried about it falling out, I'm trying to keep it from going through my undertailgate sander when I lift bed, has worked so far.