1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow setup 1986 m1009 blazer

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by hotrodmma, Sep 21, 2010.

1. hotrodmma

hotrodmma Junior Member
    from nj

would anyone know what model number or place to buy a new or used snow plow setup for a 1986 m1009 blazer(full size blazer, military type with 6.2 diesel). Seems to be hard finding this plow setup for this vehicle.

Thanks

2. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Where in NJ are you? If your in North NJ you can try Van Dine's 4 Wheel Drive Center (ask for Buddy). They are on Railroad Ave in Hackensack NJ. They are the ones who put the Western Plows on each of the K5's I've owned. Let me know if you need thier phone #.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should beable to put any full size 7.5' or 8' plow on it. Have you looked at Fisher?

4. hotrodmma

hotrodmma Junior Member
    from nj

North west, NJ! I will call them, thanks very much for the info. I will look into Fisher plows as well. I have a guy that knows of someone with old chevy plow setups, will see what that leads to.

5. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I have a Blizzard 760LT on mine...

Bracket was standard for a K5 Blazer. No additional fab needed.....

6. hotrodmma

hotrodmma Junior Member
    from nj

Thanks for that, will check that out!

7. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

If it helps any, I have a Western 7.5' Midweight on my M1009. It's a good fit, not amazing at stacking, but the springs on my truck are sagging a good bit which might be the cause.
    Something to keep in mind is that the shackles and ALL the mounting hardware will have to be cut off, they are welded on. If you want to keep the shackles they are designed to hold the trucks weight and you can make a mount for a plow off the shackle bar, so I've been told.

8. hotrodmma

hotrodmma Junior Member
    from nj

Thanks for that extra info, that would have been a problem.

9. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

Another important thing is if your truck is still stock, it's a 24 volt system. The front battery should be at 12 volts and that's the one the plow would have to be hooked up to.
    A good place to go for info is the CUCV section of Steel Soldiers, http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/. I know that there are a few threads about plows on the M1009 and M1008, might find a little more help there about how they hook them up and what have you.

10. hotrodmma

hotrodmma Junior Member
    from nj

It is still stock and still has the 2 big military batteries. I will use the front battery for the power source.

Thanks again