1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow removal

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by readysnowplow, Apr 23, 2010.

1. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I am looking for someone who can remove one of our traditional mount western plows from an older 86 chevy c-30 dump. We are in the Illinois area. Anyone know of someone that can do this?
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Any car repair shop should be able to do it.
    A western Dealer can do it
  3. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

Yeah western wanta $400. Crazy
  4. wsmm

wsmm Member

PLow Bracket REmoval

It's no fun. Usually all of the boths and nuts are rusted solid. I'm in the processing of removing a Meyers off of a 79 Dodge Ramcharger. Managed to get about 4 bolts out with impact wrench and socket wrench. Other polts either had to be taken out with a cut off wheel or a hot knife. Still have four more bolts to go, then comes the wiring.
  5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Just get an oxi-assydeline torch, some duct tape, a pair of pliers, and some wd 40 and do it your self, with those 4 tools you can do anything! Heck you could build a house!
  6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

were you at in the chicago area? pm me some info, i will be interested in doing it for you.