1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Recomendation

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by roberto65, Sep 24, 2006.

1. roberto65

roberto65 Junior Member

I have 05 F350 Deisel, I live in Steamboat Springs, Co so we get a fair amount of snow. I am looking for a recomendation for a snow plow. I have very little knowledge about brands\type. I plan on plowing 2 larger driveways, maybe more. 400" of snow last season.

2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Definetly a Fisher. If you have the big trailer tow mirrors, get an 8.5' or 9'. I have the Stainless Steel X. It scrapes real nice. Just my opinion though.

3. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I bought a Snow-Way last year and I love it.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8 foot Snoway. you could push a lot more blade but why spend the money just to do a couple drives.

5. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

I would go with Blizzard 800 or 810

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

With 400 inches of snow, you're going to need a v-plow unless you have a ton of room to push your banks back at the beginning. Not sure how popular Fishers are out west, but either a Fisher or a Boss. I would recommend the Fisher first, but like I said, that would depend on dealerships and parts availability. I'd go with either the Fisher 9'6" or Boss 9'2".

7. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Boss 9'2'' with wings that'll do what you need to do.

J