1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wwthorpe, Aug 13, 2009.

1. wwthorpe

wwthorpe Junior Member

I have a Meyers snow plow model E60.Having problems with it. When i try to raise it only turns left and will not turn right or raise. The motor turns but after it goes all the way to left that is all it does. if you keep trying the switch it will finally raise but not turn back straight or right. Can anyone help?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Angle left is the default function on a Meyer when none of the various valves on the pump are operating and only the motor is operating. So basically the motor is getting the signal from the controller but none of the valves are.

More than likely you have a poor electrical connection (ground on the pump unit itself probably) or an issue with the controller itself.

What type of controller is it equipped with?

3. wwthorpe

wwthorpe Junior Member

checked battery voltage and ground. Both seem to be fine. I have a slick stick controller.
    I have good magnetization on the c coil, checked couplers.do you think it could be the c valve?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A defective C valve alone won't cause it to lose both angle right and raise.

What about the B valve and coil? Does it have good magnetizem when tested while attempting to raise? What about the A valve and coil when it's in the float position?

5. Glacier

Glacier Junior Member

Plow problems

Does any body know what are the biggest problems with the Boss Straight Blade 06

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ask in the plow forum below , for your plow manufacturer. The guys know the equipment they use. They can help you.

7. wwthorpe

wwthorpe Junior Member

Thanks for the help B&B I rechecked voltage and ground. Seem to raise and lower ok but still no right turn. Replaced c coil and valve and works fine now so I'll be ready for snow now