1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow prep package?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by apluslawn, Feb 18, 2008.

1. apluslawn

apluslawn Junior Member

Hi,

Does anyone know of a resource (online or off), or where to find if a truck has the snow plow prep package on a used ford. We purchased an 1999 F-350 last winter and had to call multiple dealerships and then ford fleet to find out. Ford Fleet said it did but I cannot find the 86M designation on the truck. Our local dealer says he has access but that we would have to call him with the vin on every potential purchase. Any help?

Thanks in advance!

2. toyman

toyman Senior Member

If the truck doesn't have the original window sticker with it, then the only way is to go through the dealer. They can run the number and tell you quickly.

Toyman

3. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I think if you measure between the frame and the spring the distance is 6 inches vs 4 on the non snow prep

4. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Send an email to "crcfmc@ford.com" with your name, address, email and vin and in about a week they will send you a build sheet. I just got mine last week and it does have the plow prep.

5. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

99-08 should have an X on the door sticker under "Springs".

6. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Mine has a TTCC, but no X, and the build sheet says it has the plow prep.

7. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Did they ever offer the snow plow prep on a 2006 F250 Supercab?

I'm looking at a 2006 F250 Supercab that does not have the plow prep, but it has a 100,000 mile bumper-bumper extended warranty. If I buy that truck, and put a plow on it, what happens to the warranty?

Thanks!!