1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow prep package?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snowman91, Sep 15, 2007.

1. if i buy a truck without a snow plow prep package what do i have to do to get it plow ready besides put a 160amp alternator? and how can i beef up the front suspension to account for the extra weight of the plow?
    almost forgot to say it would be a 2500 chevy, gmc, dodge or f250 or f350

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I just got torison keys put in my truck and that allows me to be able to carry a 8.6 foot Uni-Mount just fine. Some will say you need those tiberens, my personal belief, it carrys the weight fine without

3. does it need a tranni cooler too or no?

4. m297

m297 Member

If it has a trailer package on it, then no it already has it on there.

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

x2^ If it is anything 3/4 ton on up, usually they have one stock.

6. m297

m297 Member

Not always the case, GM did alot of decontenting which means they take alot of what we called standard features off the veh's and made them options.

One good way to see if it has a trailer package on it, look in the glove box there will be a white sticker in there with a list of all the options on the truck. The trailer package code is Z82.

7. m297

m297 Member

What year is the truck your talking about?