1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow package

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rick3171, Nov 4, 2008.

1. rick3171

rick3171 Junior Member

would like to know what's in a snow plow package from a non plow package gmc 2500hd diesel 2007 can i up grade my truck

2. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kollerman
    Do you know what GM puts in their plow prep package?

Plow prep package includes...

Upgraded T-bars (dependent on cab configuration)

145 amp alternator

Provisions for a roof mounted light beacon (dash switch and related wiring leads)

Upgraded cooling fan clutch (most important one on the list )

3. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE
    Snow Plow Prep Package, includes 15-amp power for backup and roof emergency light, high-flow front bumper, forward lamp wiring harness, (TRW) Provision for cab roof mounted lamp/beacon, instrument panel jumper wiring harness for electric trailer brake controller and (NZZ) Skid Plate Package (VYU) $285.00

This is off the GMC website. They will not put a plow package on your truck because the diesel puts you at your front axle rating. Most on here put timbrens on, turn the t-bars a bit and go from there. You would need to discuss your warranty with your dealer!

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 01 2500 HD it only has a 130 amp alternater could that be the wrong one... ? ? ? ? ? ? I think I have the plow package by the beacon button & other listed items...