1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow package?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by trevier, Apr 27, 2014.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

What exactly is this on a dodge 3/4 ton? I can't really find anything on it,

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The snow plow prep is a skid plate and a bigger alternator... (depending if it's a diesel or gasser)
    It use to include heavier springs, extra cooling & power steering cooler,but from my understanding it's just the skid plate and higher output alternator now.

I'm not sure on the new gassers but the 07 and up diesels have a "snowplow mode" that kicks in the cooling fan earlier.

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

What year? If buying new you should have it because they won't install anything more than a 7.6 blade

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

really.

really....

Because I just went to Boss's site and
    they gave me the option for a .
    7'6", 8'2", 9'2" V Blade, for a 2014, 2500, gasser

Not having plow prep wouldn't be a deal breaker...
    Even on a older truck as it is very easy to change out the front springs with ones that have more capacity.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I know this. Probably should have said diesel truck lol

I install my own plows so we hang whatever we want. But if he brought a new 3/4 diesel with no prep. He'll be up the creek without a paddle

6. trevier

trevier Senior Member

no diesel, the 6.4 liter crew cab. Who the hell needs a skid plate when plowing? Waste of money if you ask me,