1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow on a Jeep Commando

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Draper48, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Draper48

Draper48 Junior Member

I have a 1968 Jeep Commando that I would like to put a plow on for my driveway (not for commercial use). I found one that is mounted to a rolling chassis but it mounts to the both the front and back leaf spring shackles on each side. I have never seen this type of mount and I was wondering if this is the best way or should I look for an alternative. I do have pictures of the rolling chassis and plow set up that I can post. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Brian

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Post pics, we could probably tell you what brand of plow it is then and if there is a better way to mount something on it.

3. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

I supported mine with angle braces back from the plow mount to the frame.

[​IMG]

1971 CJ5 with a 225CID odd-fire V6, HEI ignition, Heddman headers, 390 Holley 4 barrell, FlowKooler high capacity waterpump, 100 amp Proform alternator, Optima battery, T14 3 speed transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, Dana 44 rear axle and a Dana 27 in front. More pictures can be seen at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2608975/1

4. Draper48

Draper48 Junior Member

plow pics

I do not know the brand of plow but here are the pics. It also has a hydrolic pump that bolts to the motor and is ran by the fan belt. Its hard to tell from the pictures, but you can see there is a rod that runs to the under carrage and attaches to the leaf spring shackle bolts
    Thanks for your help everyone.

plow 5.jpg

plow 7.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009