1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Newbie Nite Saber question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by whitetailfreak, Dec 20, 2010.

1. whitetailfreak

whitetailfreak Junior Member

Im brand new to the forum and snow plowing and have already learned a bunch from some of the threads on here.

I bought a 2002 Meyer CP8 with a E60 and appears to be in good condition from a buddy of mine. My buddy bought his F350 4 years ago and it came with the plow. He has never used it and Its been sitting since the day he bought the truck. I transferred the plow over to my F250 this weekend and Im still working out some bugs. My first problem was the overload light kept coming on as soon as I would try to lift the plow. Left, Right, worked fine.I cleaned all the ground connections and that seems to have resolved that problem. Now I cant get the lights to work. Im sure all my wiring is done correctly but no lights at all. My question is how often do the modules go bad? I have cleaned and reseated the connectors many times. I made a big mistake by not trying the lights before I removed them off the original truck so Im not positive they were working before. Why cant I just bypass the modules and just run the lights off the switch in the cab or just tap into my foglights. I realize the turn signals wont work but Im not to concerned about that.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions