1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Museum??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I was doing some research and came across this web site. Now the only problem is talking my wife into a trip to Maine!

Cole Land Transportation Museum

"They are alleged to have the largest display of snow removal equipment under one roof in America. "

http://www.rvtravelog.com/bangor.dir/bangor1.htm

Lots of cool old toys on this web page. :nod:

~Chuck

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Chuck, if you decide to come up some weekend let me know and I'll arrange to meet you. Bangor is only about an hour from me. Funny, I've never heard of that musuem.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

If you're interested in old trucks, check out the "American Truck Historical Society" , and consider becoming a member. Membership includes a bi-monthly magazine subcription which occassionaly has articles on antique snowplows. There's always an old plow truck listed in the classifieds, which takes up 3 to 4 pages.

4. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

There's also the Antique Truck Club of America. It's more of a new england truck club. Lots of local chapters in the states. I'm a member of the Connecticut Yankees and the Sound Shore Chapter.

In this months issue of Wheels of Time, someone in connecticut is selling an oshkosh, looks nice but he wants $8,000 for it.

At the Antique Truck Club of America show in June, there was a big old walters snowfighter there.

I've always liked the B model macks.

Check out those 2 clubs, some pretty neat magazines and information.

Bryan