1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow mounting bracket adaptation?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by drpepperinacan, Jan 17, 2010.

1. drpepperinacan

drpepperinacan Junior Member

I have a snow pow but the bracket that bolts up to the truck is 4 inches narrower than the truck frame is . truck frame is 40 inches wide and the plow brack is 36 inches wide. My truck is a 1986 f150 with the 5.8L 351 windsor motor. the truck the plow came off of was a 1985 chevy dually 3500. is there any way to adapt the bracket to fit my ford truck and it will still be a strong enough mount to with stand the pressure put on it when plowing snow?
  2. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

You need to tell us what kind of plow the bracket belongs to. Anything is possible if you have enough skill....however this doesn't seem like its going to be an easy cut this off and bolt this here type of deal, its going to require a lot of welding. I'd look for the correct bracket for your truck.