1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow light wire problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by indy4x4fab, Dec 9, 2012.

1. indy4x4fab

indy4x4fab Junior Member
    from indy

Ok my boss bought a snoway blade off of a 96 chevy 1500, and we put it on a 85 k10 burb. We made new plow mounts to the blade would sit almost perfectly, just as it did on the 1500. But when we went to hook up the plow lights the plow lights will not come on, the truck lights come on hi beam and low beams just fine but no plow lights.

plow light wiring harness number is 96102992, light kit number is Alc110887, the wiring harness plugs in just fine but we are not sure we have the wires in the right spot on the relay contral (little black box).

Can one of you guys check to the wire color to termal spot

my wires colors are
    pink with white lettering (zero)
    brown with white lettering (one)
    green with white lettering (two)
    yellow with black lettering (three)
    red with black lettering (four)
    red with white lettering (six)
    orange with black lettering (seven)
    orange with white lettering (no righting)

Second how are the plow lights supose to work or come on and off?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Shoot me an email and I'll send you the manuals you need. Snowtech @ basherandson.com

3. shaunj315

shaunj315 Junior Member

Hey basherandson I'm having the same problem I brought a sno way plow off a guy and he said it came off my year truck which is a 98 chevy k1500 and I'm getting park lights but when I turn headlights on I get no headlights and if I have park lights on and use my left blinker the highbeams signal on dash blinks with the turn signal and help would be great thanks

4. lwharton

lwharton Junior Member

Guys make your way to sno-way's website. Click servixe and find manual for light kit for your vehicles. This was helpful when i went to wiring my plow lights. There is a download for your year and make. It is possible you may need a different light adapter kit. The lights for plow will come on when they are pluged into vehicle. Then when you remove plow and unplug lights they will shut off. As far as wire color to terminal spot of relay it will be listed with instructions for light kit on the snoway site. Hopefully this helps. Snoway has done a great service to plow owners by making this info readily available and free.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like you either have the wrong harness or everything wired wrong. If you have soft molded rubber light plugs then your truck should have a harness with 2 relays and a ground on each side. if not then you have the wrong relay if so than you have it wired wrong or the headlight adapters.

The previous poster is correct you can find all the instructions on the snoway website.