1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow + lift kit = trouble? :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mmend1, Dec 3, 2006.

1. mmend1

mmend1 Junior Member
    from NJ, USA

Hi Folks,

New guy 'Mike from NJ' here. I have a '95 Ford F150 I use to plow my farm and a few neighbors. Shortbed, Regular cab, set up with a standard Western 7.5' I bought new a couple years ago. It worked great until I had to muck things up by installing a 4" suspension lift & 33" tires in the F150. Overall this puts me about 6" higher than before. I have some adjustment in the plow frame but nowhere near enough to get the plow 'level' during plowing.

Before I fabricate something to get the mount points lower, does anyone know if someone offers such a product or can share some advice (other than remove the lift kit) for me?

MANY thanks in advance,
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Take off the suspension kit and add a body lift. I had a 2" body lift on our 94 F150 and it looked awesome! we ran 31x10.50x15 tires and everything worked just as it should with a plow.
  3. mmend1

mmend1 Junior Member
    from NJ, USA

I'm not going back!

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Matter of fact i JUST took my 31x10.5s off in favor of the 4" Susp./33's...and I'm NOT going back :D. I'll try to get some pics this week...I'm REALLY happy. I'll probably just Fab. something to get me where I need to be. It'll need to be strong. Just hoping someone has experience with this.

Thanks again,
  4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

youll be good man ive seen it many of times
  5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Mike where in NJ are you from?
  6. mmend1

mmend1 Junior Member
    from NJ, USA

Up North

Hey Ram...I'm near the Sussex Airport.
  7. mmend1

mmend1 Junior Member
    from NJ, USA

Thanks Scott...hoping to find some pics/info on my Unimount setup.
  8. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

how did you ever make out with this? i have an 02 ford f250 with a meyers mount that needs to be lowered. i am in NJ as well and need to make this happen sooner then later.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The OP has a total of four posts, all of which are in this thread...i highly doubt he is around on here anymore